Annual Open House
10/1 update - the Open House will proceed as planned. Bring a windbreaker as it will be blowing!
NU Students - there will be two shuttles going to the MSC's Open House. Both leave from Forsyth Circle for a ~4 hour trip (including drive time). The shuttles leave at 9:30am and 11:30am and are FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. No RSVP is required.
Join us for this fantastic family-friendly event! Check out the new faculty and research going on, and tour the renovated facilities in our Edwards Building and the WWII-era Murphy Bunker. There will be many interactive stations to interest learners of all ages such as:
* Listen to the sounds crabs and other critters make underwater
* Learn about what increasing ocean pH is doing to shell-building marine organisms
* Extract some DNA
* Check out the marine environment using an infrared camera
* Explore how Antarctic icefish survive without hemoglobin
* Design a food web
* Tour historic East Point, including its unique geology
* Touch a blue lobster
* Visit the solar observatory
* Clean the beach as part of Massachusetts Coastsweep
* Learn about what some of our neighbors and colleagues are doing to protect the environment
* And more!
For more information, please call 781-581-7370 or email email@example.com.
Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 10:00am to 3:00pm
Northeastern University Marine Science Center 430 Nahant Road, Nahant, MA 01908